Prior to now, the Visitor to the young Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) directly appointed the first three Vice-Chancellors of the University. As the young University attains the age of 10 years, it has since come into its own, such that the post of Vice-Chancellor will now be filled through the codified and regular statutory processes.
Accordingly, since the post of the Vice-Chancellor of Federal University Oye-Ekiti will become vacant by February 2021, the FUOYE Governing Council in the performance of its statutory duties as provided for in the University Edict, hereby invites interested Academics to forward their applications in respect of this impending vacancy.
The Federal University Oye Ekiti, Ekiti State, is one of the new Universities established by the Federal Government in 2011 to ameliorate the problems of access to tertiary education in Nigeria especially in states lacking Federal University presence. The rationale for establishing the Federal University Oye Ekiti includes, among others: responsive approach to global academic expectations and excellence, access to quality education and to inculcate an attitude for life/long learning.
The University runs two campuses, the main seat of the University is at Oye-Ekiti and the second Campus is situated at Ikole-Ekiti. The University Started with Four faculties which have increased to nine (9) namely: the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Pharmacy located at Oye –Ekiti, while the faculties of Engineering and Agriculture are situated at Ikole Ekiti. The University is also planning to establish the Faculties of Environmental Science and Basic Medical Sciences. The Students population of the University currently stands at about 24,000.
The Candidate for the post of Vice Chancellor is requested to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished Scholar of the rank of Professor with a minimum of Eight (8) years experience at the time of this application, preferably from a Federal University and must demonstrate ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for this fast growing institution.
- Be not more than 65years old as at the date of possible assumption of duty on February, 2021.
- Due consideration will be given to candidate with national and international exposure and experience.
- Be a person with clear vision for the development of the University.
- Must have the proven ability to attract the much- needed funds and resources into the young University.
- Must have the ability to cope with the dynamics of University Administration in the post COVID-19 Era.
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Be a person with courage and proven moral standard.
- Be known to be fair- minded to all manner of persons and should be above ethnic and religious loyalties.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Application to the Post The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as specified in the letter of appointment. The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor in all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
Mode of Application
- Candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their application and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae must contain the candidates name in full, date of birth, state of origin, martial status, educational attainments, nationality, professional as well as academic qualifications and achievements.
- Each application must be accompanied by 30 copies of the candidate’s Vision for the University in the twenty first Century.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report in a properly sealed envelope marked: Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’s Report at the top left corner of the envelope.
- All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to Registrar and Secretary to Council Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked ‘POST OF VICE-CHANCELLOR’ at the top left hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar within Six weeks of this advertisement.
- In addition to hard copies, applicants are expected to forward electronic copies of their Submissions to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications and referees’ reports should be submitted within Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication under confidential cover, and addressed to:
Federal University Oye Ekiti,
3, Are/Afao Road
Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
The advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manners with any applicant
Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council